We are accepting applications and the deadline has been extended indefinitely until we have clearer guidance form the Covid-19 breakout.
This scholarship has been established by the Harwood Heights-Norridge Chamber of Commerce. The Harwood Heights-Norridge Chamber of Commerce Scholarships are a one-time, non-renewable $1,500 award that is open to any two Harwood Heights or Norridge High School student who meets specific eligibility criteria. The scholarships are payable to the community college, university/college, or post-secondary (technical or trade) degreed program of the student’s choice.
The goal of these scholarships are to support the post secondary educational/career plans of a graduating senior who has demonstrated a commitment to personal integrity, ethics, and community service.
1. Applicants must currently be students in good standing at your High School.
2. Applicants must be seniors, graduating the current school year.
3. Applicants must be enrolling in a community college, university/college, or post-secondary (technical or trade) degree program for the first term following graduation.
4. Applications must be received by 10:00 a.m. on March 31st. Only applications completed in entirety will be considered.
1. A total of two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded to two students
2. Scholarships will be payable any time after June 29, and upon receipt of definite proof of enrollment in a community college, university/college, or post-secondary school (technical or trade) degreed program. Proof of enrollment may include a statement from the office of the registrar with the seal of the school or a statement on school letterhead signed by a school official.
1. Complete the Harwood Heights-Norridge Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Application in its entirety.
2. Attach a single page containing “additional information” as indicated below.
3. Attach the completed and signed School Enrollment Verification Form.
4. Attach an official high school transcript.
5. Attach letter(s) of recommendation as identified below.
6. Type and attach a double-spaced, 200-500 word essay on the following topic: How access to higher education will prepare me for the future.
7. Return completed applications to: The Harwood Heights-Norridge Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Selection Committee at PO Box 56627 Harwood Heights, IL 60706.
Please provide the following information on a separate sheet of paper (typed or computer-generated):
1. Your future professional/career goals.
2. School activities: all co-curricular activities in which you have participated. Include the number of years you have participated in each activity and any offices or positions of responsibility you may have held.
3. Volunteer/community service: all community service projects in which you have participated; any volunteer positions you have held or services you have performed. Include the number of years you have participated in each activity and any offices or positions of responsibility you may have held.
4. Recognition and awards: all national, state, local and school awards you have received.
5. At least one (but no more than two) letter(s) of recommendation from an adult who is not related to you who can acknowledge your commitment to community service (e.g. teachers, advisors, clergy, coaches, representatives of community service organizations).